When choosing pearls there are 7 elements to consider:
- Pearl Lustre: Lustre is key. A lustrous pearl lights-up your face, subtly enhancing your beauty. All our pearls have been individually chosen for their depth of lustre.
- Pearl Nacre Thickness: Nacre is the outer coating of the pearl. The thicker the nacre the longer the pearl will last, and usually the better the lustre will be.
- Pearl surface perfection: A few marks give a pearl a hallmark of authenticity. However, a very blemished or dull pearl will reduce its value significantly.
- Pearl Colour: Your eye-colour, skin-tone and hair-colour will determine your perfect beauty-enhancing pearl. Book a colour-matching appointment by calling +44 (0) 20 7373 3369 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pearl Shape: Irregular-shaped pearls tend to suit people with prominent features. Round-shaped pearls tend to suit people with very fine features.
- Pearl Size & Length: Consider your overall build and age. A graduated row of pearls will lengthen your face and slim your neckline. A choker will accentuate the beauty of your shoulders. A double row of pearls at the base of your neck will conceal wrinkles at a later stage of life.
- Pearl Versatility: Our ethos is that jewellery should be flexible. Most of our designs can be worn in multiple ways to fit your mood and outfit; and can be easily re-designed if you fancy a complete change!
Chrissie is acknowledged for her pearl sourcing and selecting skills, she has established a tradition of working with a team of personally trained stringers, craftsmen, goldsmiths, silversmiths and suppliers of ethically sourced pearls and precious stones.
Want to learn more?
- How can you tell the difference between imitation and real pearls?
- Imitation ‘pearls’ were originally made out of concentrated fish slime and now …
- What does it mean when a pearl “blinks”?
- Only 5% of cultured pearls harvested will be the best quality
- The most famous pearl, “La Peregrina”, was sold for 11.8 million USD in 2011
Contact us on +44 (0) 20 7373 3369 or email email@example.com to attend one of Chrissie’s pearl talks, or organise a private talk of your own.